I'm very nearly free... Viva tomorrow

It's been a very long road, and I finally submitted at the end of January. So the viva's tomorrow.

The pressure is melting already. I'm proud of my thesis. It's done a few good things for this world, and isn't too boring a read. So even if I have to tweak it, that's OK.

I began way back in 2007... With a false start, a couple of years out and some bumps in the road. But the PhD has dominated my life, even though I'm a part-time student. At first it was joyous, it's been easy to forget that lately. The last six months have been so tough.

So to all you long-haulers out there, keep the faith! You'll get through it, just keep hanging on... No matter what.

Thank you to everyone here, and to those who run this forum. As a distance learner it has often been the closest to a PhD community I've had, and that is precious.

C

Good luck for tomorrow, Eska! Keep hold of that presence of mind and positivity you have :)

G

Good luck Eska! And thanks for the motivational words, I'm between full draft and submission and struggling with motivation a lot of the time.

Look forward to hearing how you got on

GM

S

hi Eska all the very best for tomorrow!
love satchi

H

Good luck Eska, all the best for tomorrow!

D

Good luck! Enjoy the viva!

Z

Best of luck for tomorrow Eska! Let us know how it goes!

ZR

I passed! Minor corrections. Viva was great. Examiners both lovely. Kind about criticism but also full of good comments. It was more of a discussion. It lasted about an hour and a half but seemed to go much quicker.

S

congratulations DR Eska!!!
good news to start my day :-)
love satchi

C

Congratulations!

H

Congratulations and well done! :)

Z

Congratulations Dr. Eska!!! Very well done!

A

Woohoo Dr Eska - congratulations, so delighted for you.

You were on the forum during my time and were a great source of [wise] information.

Go out and celebrate

Ady

E

Well done DOCTOR!!!!!!

Z

Congratulations! :D