I must be getting closer...

F

======= Date Modified 08 09 2010 06:09:11 =======
because I'm starting to think about fonts.

My university has not font related guidelines, so as long as it is readable, I can have whatever I like.

At the moment, I am leaning toward Georgia, or Palatino. But I can’t really decide.

What is everyone else using?

I

Calibri!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

C

I'm feeling positively conventional, i'd just "automatically" used Arial. (sprout)

thanks for getting me thinking Fm. must read guidelines, despite said conventionalism i hardly ever read rules ;-)

and yes you must be getting close. (up)

C

Oooh if you have the choice, I'd go Book Antiqua. Classy yet informal - italics particularly gorgeous!

C

Ooh you just made me check our regs and I can also choose any font as long as it's no smaller than 2mm (ie. size 11 in most fonts)! Great news!

F

Quote From clarabelle:

Oooh if you have the choice, I'd go Book Antiqua. Classy yet informal - italics particularly gorgeous!

I like Book Antiqua too! I might have print a few pages off and see how it looks.

I really should be concerned about finishing my discussion, and not about fonts of the colour of the cover. Oh well...

J

I have an astigmatism and find sans serif fonts (Arial, Calibri etc) really difficult to read. Haven't even thought that far ahead but do liek the look of Book Antiqua.

It always amazes me that undergrads use unsuitable fonts (I have work handed in in comic sans!)

S

I like Calibri, Helvetica and Arial!!!
and all sans serif............

love satchi

N

I'm using Cambria for my MSc dissertation at the moment and quite like the change after years of Times New Roman!

S

oh I hadn't even though of using a different font! I must check our regs (although I'm still a year away yet). I've always automatically used Times New Roman as that is required for UG and didn't think of using something nicer - what fun :-)