I'VE GOT AN OFFER!! SOO EXCITED :-)

J

just got my offer! im so excited :-) just got the email. i was that nervous, i wasnt even gonna open the email when i saw it as it's past midnite and i knew i'd go to bed upset. i'd actually convinced myself i might not get the offer. did that maybe so in case that happened i'd have been prepared for that. also had since the interview started feeling insecure and thinking id never get to do my doctorate and maybe i wasnt that bright (i got a 2:1 for bachelors and merit for masters). so, imagine my surprise when i read the email :-) the uni i went to for my interview (previous posting of mine)- they'v offered me a place after getting my references back. im starting january ! oh my God! im on such a high!! :-D God! i was shrieking and dancing. rang my 18year old at her dad's where she's staying for half term but she was in bed. told my ex hubby but said dont tell her, il tell her tomoro. i was gonna give up if i hadnt got this offer and my daughter had said to me 'Mum how can u give up? i never knew u as someone who gives up.. u keep going, u keep applying'. those were her words. though i replied 'no, im leaving it'. its past 1am and im so excited :-) :-) :-) xxx (ps ignore my spelling, i know its like text type but its fast for me)...lol. nite nite. love to you all xxxx

H

Congratulations!!! Enjoy your few months of relaxation, you deserve it.
8-)

T

Get reading!

T

Well done 8-) What you going to be doing?

S

Fantastic news Jade 8-)

M

Well done Jade (a 2.1 and a merit means you're bright!...but also have a social life, or in your case, kids). :-)

congratulations (up)

Moral of the story (copyright coastman) is, you should always face your fears; they might reveal life-changing news. :-)

J

lol.. as to social life.. its kinda non-existent. im so happy iv got the offer. i rang and accepted and start i think the lady in admin said 1st january. i started feeling scared after. now its sunk in, then came the fear...lol. scared cos i know what iv got ahead of me for the next few years. scared in anticipation of all the hard work ahead of me. scared becos i know that i will see it through to the end so i know iv got years of hard work and challenge in front of me. just scared! wasnt scared before but now iv got the offer i am. today iv felt less scared - i went on their website and was amazed at how much this university has put into their PhD students. they've got about 5workshops on each week and every week covering topics like writing abstracts and conclusions, interviewing, methodologies, the viva etc, ranging from 3 hours to full day workshops. and this is every week. they also have seminars once a week and guest speakers in once a week. i am so amazed at how much theyv got going for PhD students. no wonder they have a high success rate :-) my old uni in contrast has a high drop out rate for their PhD students and i can see why. they have nothing on. i spoke to someone i know who's doing their doctorate there and they are finding it hard going. im just so glad i applied to this other uni. its the best thing i did :-) im so positive now and im glad i didnt stay at my old uni.

J

lol.. as to social life.. its kinda non-existent. im so happy iv got the offer. i rang and accepted and start i think the lady in admin said 1st january. i started feeling scared after. now its sunk in, then came the fear...lol. scared cos i know what iv got ahead of me for the next few years. scared in anticipation of all the hard work ahead of me. scared becos i know that i will see it through to the end so i know iv got years of hard work and challenge in front of me. just scared! wasnt scared before but now iv got the offer i am. today iv felt less scared - i went on their website and was amazed at how much this university has put into their PhD students. they've got about 5workshops on each week and every week covering topics like writing abstracts and conclusions, interviewing, methodologies, the viva etc, ranging from 3 hours to full day workshops. and this is every week. they also have seminars once a week and guest speakers in once a week. i am so amazed at how much theyv got going for PhD students. no wonder they have a high success rate :-) my old uni in contrast has a high drop out rate for their PhD students and i can see why. they have nothing on. i spoke to someone i know who's doing their doctorate there and they are finding it hard going. im just so glad i applied to this other uni. its the best thing i did :-) im so positive now and im glad i didnt stay at my old uni.

J

sorry my thread posted twice. im away at mo and using my laptop via usb cable to my mobile so very slow. thought it hadnt posted and clicked again, hence the double post. hi tricky im writing on female offending and criminal activity which will also involve examining current and pas legislation. also using criminological and sociological theories to explain the offending behaviour. not sure the exact focus of my thesis as that will become clearer once i start meetings with my supervisors. my proposal had so many ideas and needs focussing which my supervisors im sure will help me with. thank you for all your words of support. yes i have started doing some reading. on amazon today saving books to my wish list :-)

J

tut tut! i really should spell check :-( was meant to say current and past legislation... apologies...lol x

J

hi tricky. sorry..havnt been on for a while. im hoping to write on the effects of globalisation and immigration on prostitution in the UK. fascinating topic!