In need of musical inspiration...

C

Hey,
Having read lots of posts on here it's reassuring to find that I'm not the only one who hates their PhD/has no motivation/wants to jack it all in/experiences the blackness etc etc. Thanks for letting me realise that!

On a more positive note, I spend a lot of time listening to the radio and music and I need a new playlist. Does anyone has any good suggestions for spirit lifting tunes for the bad days. Any genre, any age, as long as it has a motivational effect!

The Killers - Mr Brightside always a winner of course :o)

M

Embrace- Ashes ,just a brilliant song , very uplifting

G

You could always go the whole hog and try a bit of Paul McKenna.

C

A nice medley here:

The Knife: Heartbeats

Kent: Pärlor (on youtube)

Linkin Park: Leave Out

Ola Svensson: Love in stereo

BWO: Sunshine in the Rain (Johan Afterglow Electro Mix)

And just for fun, on youtube:
LazyTown - Teamwork (Icelandic) Vinir

C

last.fm always good. you put in an artist and they play other people you might like. i like putting the killers into that as you get a load of good but random stuff.

O

I like to listen to the Coffeehouse radio station on Yahoo from Canada--it has a mix of really modern but mellow-ish tunes that tend to be uplifting, and very pleasant listening. I have a hard time getting a lot of Internet radio and Youtube due to the age of the stuff of the computer I am on. and did not want to pay to listen to radio stations, but am extremely happy listening to this station....makes working a treat.

B

Sunshine Lollipops and Rainbows by Lesley Gore. I can't help but laugh whenever I listen to it at how ridiculously over-the-top cheerful it is, it's great, although that might also be because of The Simpsons having used it in an episode but I'd recommend it anyway just for a short burst of happy

C

Thanks guys, I'll give these a try. I have a friend who uses Paul McKenna for insomnia! Think that's a different cd to the motivating one though!
Ta

P

Erasure - Little Respect. Can make any mood good!