Is anybody working tonight?

P

I have a deadline of tomorrow morning at 9am for a section of lit review to send to my supervisor. I don't envisage being up all night but I will probably be working till after midnight and maybe get up early tomorrow to finish off. I keep telling myself it's only a draft but I still want it to be perfect. I should accept it will need to be re-written and just hand in what I have done without agonising over it.
I think we all have something to learn following Eddi's recent experience.

B

Hi Pam

Yeah, tell me about it... still working (and have been all day, and all yesterday...) and mountain isn't shrinking at all. *wry grin* Got a bundle of deadlines looming and a workshop to deliver next week... Still, I'll be okay when that's done, I guess.

Good luck with your writing... hope you get the section finished to your satisfaction. Me - I'm off for a chocolate fix. (Turkish Delight here I come).

P

Yes, unfortunately - have been trying to finish a chapter all week and all last week, but it keeps getting longer. Probably will be at it all night because I fell asleep this afternoon...

T

will starting earlier help? I don't like working overnight, it is not efficient.. but good luck with the writing, you will survive!

C

Panel prep due in on Monday evening. A lot left to go!

All night!

O

me! I did not plan to be working tonight, but what with one thing and another, here I am. But it is productive and that is what matters, given the various deadlines staring me down!

J

I'll join the party at 11pm. Off to Asda now as it will be hard to survive with an empty refridgerator.

P

I managed to get last night's work done after getting up at 7am this morning. I decided I needed a day off today and like jouri decided to stock up with food. I spent loads but bought healthy stuff as I had been eating rubbish for the past few days.
Re work, I wasn't going to do anything but I thought I would just update my bibliography and I now find myself an hour and a half later still working. I don't need to do anything tonight but I can't help myself. I have a fridge full of delicious food and a chilled bottle of wine. I must stop and relax......

O

OK that is me done for the night, after a hair raising few moments when the computer seized up and my document that I have been working away on seemed to have been eaten....but all is well...I managed to coax the computer back into a working state and it decided I could have my document after all.

J

anyone working tonight?

P

I am - need another 3000 words if I can stay awake! Should be able to, though, am getting caffeine twitch already.

J

great to see that am not alone!

am trying to make a paper flow.

J

apparently i got a meeting tomorrow with collaborators and have to prepare work for it. they didn't tell me until 10am today and i only just got in from a weekend trip away.

they can go stuff themselves then.

J

am also collaborating and for that reason am up working. i really hate collaborations!

P

Mine is purely my own fault drawback of arts subjects, I suppose!