Is it normal to feel like this? (16 days to go/phd submission)

V

I'm 16 days away from my submission,
but according to my supervisor my main argument (I'm in film studies, so lots of own interpretation to do) is still not convincing enough and needs lots of work.
I've written everything and right now "only" have to focus on polishing my main arguments, the rest of it seemed fine/ or either just impossible to have time to polish them (i.e, introduction, 2 chapters of historical background, main arguments should be delivered through my 4 chapters of case studies). English is not my first language so I do use a proofreader, he has been great in correcting my errors.

Just curious what people usually work on on the last two weeks, is it only me or is it actually normal to work on this kind of 'crucial' thing in such a hurry/last minute???
Late March is my final deadline so it is impossible to extend it. Now I'm just terrified of the thought of handing in a not-good-enough thesis and will fail my PhD ...:(

C

Hiya, I would think it's normal to feel worried at the last minute about some unresolved issue before submission. I would be quite nervous as well. Can you get your supervisor to give you a few hints on how to make your arguments sound convincing ? Or could you look for thesis which focus on the same topics and try to emulate how the researchers make their arguments ?

V

Quote From charliebrown:
Hiya, I would think it's normal to feel worried at the last minute about some unresolved issue before submission. I would be quite nervous as well. Can you get your supervisor to give you a few hints on how to make your arguments sound convincing ? Or could you look for thesis which focus on the same topics and try to emulate how the researchers make their arguments ?

Hi Thank you for your reply, I kind of calmed down and decided to just do as much as I can, block out all the negative thoughts and focus on improving one section per time instead of feeling panicky..... I've decided not to continue in academia, however , still want to finish this PhD as a way to respect my original decision to get myself into this...hahahah...

Hope your PhD goes well !!! Good Luck :)