Job Interview !!! HELP

S

I have been invited for the job interview in a University. I have not got any article published yet. Recently, an international journal emailed me for the corrections need to be done in my submitted article. Since the interviewers are willing to see some of my write ups, I am wondering whether I should send the article which I sent for publication. I am the main author and my PhD supervisors are co-authors for the article. Not sure whether I am allowed to send the article anywhere else when it has not yet published. But, I do not have anything published till now, have no choice too. Or, do you suggest to send a chapter from my PhD thesis. Please suggest. - Swetch

S

hi Swetccha
well done! this is great news. My opinion is that it is ok for the interviewers to see your write-ups, I assume you are referring to your submitted article. However, since you have co-authors, they should be informed, that you are showing the article to the interviewers. In other words, all authors should consent to having the article read (by the interviewers). I don't think you will have a problem with this! All sounds very positive!

A submitted article is a good thing to show, even if it is not published yet. It is shorter than a thesis chapter (although thesis chapters are great as well!!!)--and kind of gives an overview of your work!

I hope you get the job!
love satchi

S

Thanks Satchi ! I did email to my supervisors for their permission. Received permission from one and waiting for the other one. Anyway, meeting the other supervisor tomorrow regarding the revision in the article. Happy that the article got very positive note despite asked for few clarifications and revision to send for publication in an International Journal. In the mean time appointed Visiting Researcher in my Uni for a year and hoping for a productive year. Swetch