Looking for PhD candidates to participate in new book

T

I recently obtained my PhD and am currently writing an ebook on surviving your PhD while working full-time in the real world.

In this ebook, I hope to encourage other PhD candidates who work full-time outside of academia not to give up on their dreams to obtain their PhD, despite doing the eight-to-five grind.

If you'd like to share your experience of doing your PhD while working outside of academia, send me your story and your experiences could be included in the ebook (properly referenced under your name, of course!).

Contact me through my official web page: http://survivingyourphd.strikingly.com/

H

How long would you like the submissions to be? What are the submission criteria?

T

Hi Chococake,

The ideal submission length is a 1 000 words. You will be acknowledged as the contributor, though your contribution will undergo language editing with the rest of the book. Please note that contributors don't receive any financial compensations for their contributions.

In your contribution you can write about, but are not 100% restricted to, the following topics:
- your experience of 'PhD-ing' while working full-time outside of academia
- the main challenges you experienced while in this situation
- steps you took to overcome these difficulties
- tips you can give to other PhD candidates in a similar situation to make 'PhD-ing' easier.

In your email, please state the country you are currently living in, as well as your name (it could be a pen name).

Feel free to drop me an email (available on my website http://survivingyourphd.strikingly.com/) if you have more questions, or expand on this post.

I'm surprised you're allowed to advertise here. I expect you can donate some profits from your book back to the site owners, when it's published :)

T

My apologies - it's not meant as an advertisement. As you know, it's hell doing a PhD the normal way, but moving out of academia to do a PhD is even worse. This post is meant as a means to find other individuals with similar experiences and to eventually share this with the PhD community as a whole.

E

I think a website like this is the perfect place to advertise for such a thing! Your ebook sounds very interesting - unfort. I am not working full time but look forward to reading it when it's published! Another place to advertise may be the mature students society at your university if it has one. Best of luck!