Marginal upper second class

T

What is the chances of getting a PhD in Pharmcology/Medicinal Chemistry area in Oxbridge or London University if I have a low marginal 2.1 after second year of my study? Would they decide accepting me base on more of my interest at doing the project or my exam results? As an international student who came here for 6years and holds british citizen passport though still paying for international fees, would they consider me as a local student?

A

Hey terencechung122,

How come you're paying international student fees when you're a UK Passport holder?

Students are rarely admitted directly from an undergrad to a PhD program and even if so, schools usually ask for a distinction in the bachelors. Are you considering doing an MSc first? That would definitely boost your chances...

A

Don't worry about the low 2:1 in second year, just work like hell to improve your score in the 3rd year! Good luck!

C

As you're in the sciences it's not as rare to get accepted onto a Phd with just a BSc.
Try to work as hard as you can to get a 2.1 in your degree, otherwise do think about doing a master's

A

That's a very good point Claudia, I was talking from a social science perspective... In either case, good luck terencechung122