Music to study by?

I've suddenly realised that I may be more productive if I have a bit of background noise. Any ideas for music that won't give me a headache or allow me to sing along in hideous kareoke stylee.

Pink Floyd works for me!! Not too many lyrics so not too distracting :-)

Quote From Ev:

Pink Floyd works for me!! Not too many lyrics so not too distracting :-)

My older brother likes them which automatically means I can't. I was listening to Bach and Vivaldi but I play the cello, and it just inspired me to spend three hours on that rather than do any work! :-s

T

Sad as it may make me, I love having radio 4 in the background. Of course if something really interesting comes up it's as distracting as good music, but at least you can't sing along!

yes I love radio 4 - I was essentially brought up by it as it was constantly on in my parents house when I was little. The archers theme tune is like being back in the womb for me lol. and the soothing sound of John Humphries is like hearing my second dad!

I have tried a bit of classic fm, but annoyed by the cheesy interludes - radio 4 it is!

C

I tend to stick on six music if my office mates are not in. MAkes good background noise.

T

Hooray for radio 4! And while we're at it; cat ownership, gardening, and all things prematurely aged :p

My mother was an archers fan as well, although I haven't got into it yet myself, still more of an evening comedy show listener.

C

Classical music is ok, but I find I either drift off or work too slow with it. Contemporary classical music is a bit better - esp. something with a chilled out mellow beat.

The sound track to the film Great Expectations is a good one. I'm quite productive with this one...erm...with my work that is :$

Muse is another really good one. On the other hand, maybe not. I always end up getting caught in the lyrics, just sitting there listening and analysing them. Oh man I love Muse. Muse, if you're out there somewhere (maybe doing a Phd...), You're POWERFUL :-s . So awesomely great that I think I will award you with another constipated look... :-s

If all that doesn't take your fancy, how about taking a little break and and press the play button to:

Queen - The Show Must Go On

C

Does anybody else think about little bunny rabbits skipping around a bright green field full of great big daisys when The Archers music comes on?

======= Date Modified 11 Nov 2009 16:06:58 =======
oh, I'm so out of the loop with music. I studied it so much at school and at evil saturday music school at guildhall and then after school every night, that I hated it by the time I was 18 and although I used to like muse, I now just sing along to very catchy numbers - like this morning when I was caught at the traffic lights by a man watching me do the actions to "build me up buttercup" :$

The only bands I have ever obsessed over are blur and queen, so maybe I will dig out my old CDs :$ and try and transfer them on to the new fangled mp3 systems. My ipod is the most empty thing in the world - I use it to record my interviews for PhD, but nothing else lol.

C

You sound like the real life Bridget Jones!
That's a great song to wake up to though. At least it's not Celine Dion's 'all by myself' :-)

I have to note, that I was in the car and I was technically singing it to my dog who was in the back waiting for her walk. I'm not sure if that makes it better or worse!

C

For you, or for the dog?

what better or worse for the dog? probably worse for the dog, and better for me! she didn't howl though like she does when its awful, so must have been quite a good rendition

C

:-)