New Year Resolutions

J

Is anyone making any?

I'm going to try to watch less crap TV and read more: not just in my own area, though - I need to get some wider culture, I think. So I've taken out subscriptions to Geographical and Astronomy Now magazines as an easy starting point.

S

Finish my thesis! 28 days until the end of registation....

J

Well, party season's over so no distractions for you.

C

mine is to get up and get into uni earlier instead of staying in bed when my boyfriend gos to work. So far did it today and just dosed off at my desk!

other one is to play less scrabble on facebok - problem is i'm in the middle of 17 games!

S

Big one is to submit by 2009. Also less crappy TV - more reading. Lose about 6 lb. Potty train my daughter.

L

getting out of bed when my alarm FIRST goes off, instead of hitting it three-four-five times . Trying to put money down on student loan every month, even just a little!

L

getting out of bed when my alarm FIRST goes off, instead of hitting it three-four-five times . Trying to put money down on student loan every month, even just a little!

S

Spend less time on internet forums and more time working LOL

A

to be more organised and less of a scatterbrain! I might try the first alarm one too!

T

Will try getting up when the alarm goes off for the first time too!

C

Go swimming to tone up, and get my academic reading done.

L

funny that so many of us PhD'ers have trouble waking up in the morning. Who is successful with the resolutions thus far?

G

Getting better VFM out of my working time.

J

chris, make sure you do the right things in the right place, academic books are not waterproof you know . I think my resolution is just to get on with things instead of procrastinating all the time.

O

I will treat my PhD studies as I have treated my work--I will show up every day at 8:00 or so and work through until 6 or so, taking a break for lunch and of course lots and lots and lots of coffee. I will plan to treat the PhD like it IS my job--because until its done, it IS, and give it the same level of serious commitment and concentration. It might sound daft, but I am not planning to slouch about the university in track pants and trainers--but wear sort of business casual stuff, because for me, if I am dressed to work like a professional, I am going to carry on like one.