No Job 5 months after graduating.

T

Haha I was wondering that too!

D

Quote From Eds:
I think I'm missing someting: what's an HR?

I thought maybe Human Resource People?

I also wondered where that racist thing came from but remembered now that he posted something about his disregard of people from a certain overpopulated country. But I disagree here, I think you are not a racist if you just dislike one specific country. It is stupid, but not racist, if you e.g. don't like Chinese, but get along well with Japanese or Koreans.

Yes that was the only thing I could think of. He certainly seems to have a somewhat robust attitude towards them ;) but I don't really see anything to justify accusations of racism in his thirteen posts...?

T

But the post before your comment about HR was mine, so what are you on about?

D

Quote From AndrewPetelov:
No problem. It was just some passing by HR lady who accused me in that even though I stressed crystal clear that I wasn't a racist and didn't offend anyone. I only expressed my personal and private opinion only in context of that particular lab since this aspect was not unimportant for me. Also she seems to lack irony and takes all posts here seriously. Btw, the country that Dunham mentioned is not correct. I didn't mean that and I won't say which it is.

Well, it was not really a guess, but more a handy example to show that you can dislike a whole country without being racist. A racist would probably dislike Japanese too. Generally a racist should hate all races except its own, which makes the point bullshit.

PS : If it is not Chinese then everyone knows, which country you mean. There are not so many countries that are referred to as "overpopulated". You should have said nothing ;)

Yeah. What have the Canadians ever done to you :D

F

I'm sorry...but in the academic circles I am in....those types of off colored comments are absolutely out of bounds and rightly so as they are racist....and if you will much more specifically bigoted.

'Hardly speak English' - I would have let that pass prima facie, but then came the 'overpopulated' comment, and the nail in his coffin was was 'Repelled by the national content.' I am sorry, but if an entire demographic of people - who you do not know by the way - 'repels' you. You are a fucking racist. You are morally compromised. How could I trust you to objectively supervise a foreign national? How could I trust you as a lecturer to fairly assess students seeking to have you as their PI? You are compromised. I am sorry. GTFO.

F

I frankly do not give a shit buddy....but what I do know is there is a whole set of legislation (and action) at my disposal if you decide to take this outside of the forums. Again I will say...you are a fucking racist who claims to want to be an academic. With the levels of foreign nationals I teach and see every day, you will be repelled on a daily basis if a University ever makes the mistake of hiring you to do anything of significance.

And with that you are now reported to admins for what appears to be a mildly threatening post.

T

I think we now know the real reason that AndrewPetelov has struggled to find academic work outside of his university...

The two instances do not compare. I wish you were my supervisor though :)

F

To clarify...when I said 'checked' I meant it metaphorically when you 'check someone at the door' or 'check someone in a sporting activity' as in...halt their progress and issue a warning. Its a north american term, I lived in Canada as you know...so that's where it came from. So who has a limited understanding of English now...

T

Admin aren't on here constantly, so you probably need to wait to Monday to see the outcome, but somehow I doubt they are going to side with you, AndrewPetelov. Fled has made many useful contributions to this forum, and I'm sure they will recognise that.

They will also recognise cretininity of course :)

T

You think attempts to de-anonymise people will be acceptable by the moderators, AndrewPetelov? I doubt it. Whether you first mentioned it or not, you're the one that attempted it, and you did it because it was the only underhanded tactic you had. Most of us on this forum don't conduct ourselves in such a manner, and we would prefer that others didn't either.

Apologies for being indirect.