Passed!

R

Dear all,

I have passed my viva! Very happy!

Things were actually quite doable, perhaps as I had plenty of time to prepare. Some questions were related to the thesis, others were more common sense / to do with lateral thinking. The whole thing was over before I realised it, quite a good experience.

Although I was well prepared, I felt quite nervous, and perhaps this was what most hindered me. When talking and thinking plenty of things went through my head, yet I found it difficult to express myself in a completely sovereign way. But as said passed and happy it is done.

As reward I have arranged a little holiday which will start today!8-)

D

What a lovely start to the day reading this! Many congratulations Dr Rick and enjoy your well earned break.(up)

D

Fabulous news, well done! Enjoy your holiday Dr Rick!

A

Sounds an interesting viva. Congrats Dr. Rick, good job(up)

Congratulations! I think you've earned a little holiday after that!

W

Congrads!

N

Yay Dr Rick!! Congrats and well done!

P

Hi Rick, firstly congratulations. I know you are four hours in to your holiday, but can I request something which might help others to learn from your experience.

Which subject area were you looking at? How long did the PhD take (and was is shorter or longer than your expected)? What is your top 3 tips for a successful PhD? What's you basic plan after your holiday :-)

Don't worry if you don't want to answer the questions, but we often here so many stories about problems people have on there PhD so its nice to hear some success stories too.

Thanks and all the best in the future?

B

Congratulations! :)

C

Big congrats, well done. Great to read some positive news.

So.. come on then Q&A's for those of us yet to get there.

J

Congratulations!!!!(up)

D

Congratulations! Enjoy your well-deserved holiday.

D

Congratulations! Enjoy your well-deserved holiday.