pdf conversion

L

I'm writing my thesis in word but need to submit an electronic copy in pdf format. Does anyone know any good methods of converting from word for to pdf form without anything being reformatted?

I had a program that could do it but it messed about with some diagram, eqns and other types of formatting (such as bold, italic and underline)

W

If you use Word 2007, it has the ability to save your document in .pdf format. Otherwise, download a trial version of Adobe Acrobat 9 and convert it using that - you should have no problems.

R

I didn't know that about Word 2007 that's great!!! I normally use Primo PDF it's free and it doesn't normally mess with my formatting or anything like that!

P

And would anyone know the converse? I have a huge PDF report that needs to be converted back to word (arrrgh) and I am wondering if there is a way of doing it...

W

Rosy, if you don't have the option, you need to download a little add on from the Microsoft office website and then you can - dead simple. Phdbug, if you use a trial version of Adobe Acrobat 9 (the full program), you will find an option to save a pdf in Word document format.

M

I use Word 2007, and downloaded an add-in from the MS website, and everything converts brilliantly into PDFs. Once downloaded, you'll find the option in 'Save As'.
Try this: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=f1fc413c-6d89-4f15-991b-63b07ba5f2e5&displaylang=en

I remember with my older Word program, I had to use a freebie Word-to-PDF convertor...see here: http://office.microsoft.com/en-gb/word/HA011683331033.aspx (PhDbug, this link may help with a PDF-to-Word conversion).

As a student you can buy MS Office 2007 for 30-odd quid, so it might be wise to just get latest MS Word that allows the conversion, rather than using a third-party convertor.

H

Quote From phdbug:

And would anyone know the converse? I have a huge PDF report that needs to be converted back to word (arrrgh) and I am wondering if there is a way of doing it...

Not being sure on whether it's your own pdf or something you have gotten from another source, I think this is the most relevant advice.

http://www.freewaregenius.com/2008/03/28/how-to-convert-pdf-to-word-doc-for-free-a-comparative-test/

M

Another free way is through Open Office (a free MS Office alternative I used to use) which allows you to do a one-click conversion from word to PDF. I've never tried it the other way though.

L

Thanks the Word 2007 add on is great I looked for one a while ago but couldn't find one. Works perfectly!

A

I have to admit that choosing a fine tool is so important because only the one whose way of processing is simple and fast can make the work much more convenient to operate. Checking its free trial package according to its tutorials about how to

to other formats using C#.NET is also very neccesary. I hope you good luck all the time.

Best regards,
Arron

Office 2007, 2010 and 360 have the option in them to 'Save as PDF' (though you may have to download this from Microsoft on Office 2007). This should work hassle-free.

Failing this, I suggest the freeware PDF Creator as probably amongst the most stable. It is not a demo, so messages or stamps will NOT be included in the PDF. Also, everything will be converted properly.

I did have rare problems with other convertors, where they might black out a graph or picture occasionally (avoid PDF Exchange Pro for example). This did not happen with Sourceforge PDF Creator (link at end of message).

As regards the reverse, I've been recommended a program called 'Able2PDF' that is purported to convert PDF to Word reliably. However, my very early experiences of PDF to Word conversion (not to my knowledge with the program I mention) were either only the text would convert (and I had to copy and paste graphics and tables) or the document formatting and layout was slightly changed from that of the PDF. It may be the situation on the PDF to Word conversion is now much better though. You can but give it a try - I admit I did give up in this respect.

Ian (Mackem_Beefy)

K

PrimoPdf is a good piece of software for this. It's free too.

A

Quote From arronlee:
I have to admit that choosing a fine tool is so important because only the one whose way of processing is simple and fast can make the work much more convenient to operate. Checking its free trial package according to its tutorials about how to to other formats using C#.NET is also very neccesary. I hope you good luck all the time.

Best regards,
Arron

HI there
I agree with you.If there is a powerful tool for converting pdf files,things would gonna be easy.
I want to know that if there is any pdf converter which supports to work offline.Thanks for any suggestion