phd certificate

A

Greetings,

to those who graduated with a PhD from the Uk, how does your certificate look like? and what is actually written?

W

It has your university insignia, you name, what you've been awarded (so Dr of Philosophy) and then the year. There's one on this page from the University of Oxford for someone called Dr Ron: http://www.dr-ronlaura.com/about.html

A

So, there is no mention of the school,field, title of thesis??

S

Univ insignia, univ name, This is to certify that (your name) has been awarded the Degree of Philosophy in recognition of a programme of work entitled (your thesis title). Date. VC and Chancellor signatures.Univ seal.
Nothing on school or field of research were mentioned. Cheers.

A

Is this the case with all UK Uni??

A

UP

A

Anyone,please??

======= Date Modified 10 Apr 2011 13:18:04 =======

A

Quote From Mackem_Beefy:

Quote From a.h:

Anyone,please??

Do a Google image search on various UK Universities and see what comes up.

I've tried but most images come from the US:(

======= Date Modified 10 Apr 2011 13:17:18 =======

T

Quote From a.h:

Quote From Mackem_Beefy:

Quote From a.h:

Anyone,please??

Do a Google image search on various UK Universities and see what comes up.

I've tried but most images come from the US:(

Go to google.co.uk - click on images.
Search for "my phd certificate".
There are loads.

======= Date Modified 10 Apr 2011 13:16:45 =======

D

And what does it feel like, is it thick velum? Does it have a heavy duty academic smell? Oh to be holding that magic document...

======= Date Modified 10 Apr 2011 13:15:57 =======

A

you are probably right regarding the alteration thing but believe me this people will forge one if they want to and they would not need to wait for somebody to post their cert online

All the best,,

Quote From Mackem_Beefy:

======= Date Modified 04 Apr 2011 15:10:15 =======
Quote From timefortea:

Go to google.co.uk - click on images.
Search for "my phd certificate".
There are loads.

I've no problem saying what's on the front, however, aren't people who put their certs. online like that inadvertently opening the way for others to commit fraud? Once you've a BMP / JPG / TIFF of the cert., details in the image can be very easily altered. :-(

It also comes across as a bit vain IMHO to stick your personal certs. online like this.

As an aside, I only entered 'PhD certificate' (too lazy to type 'my'). A photo of a fellow PhD candidate (not an immediate aquaintance) from the Uni. I did mine (and the same time period) came up. Small world!!! :-)

8-)8-)