PhD comic Piled higher and deeper.

B

Right I am sure that many of you know this website and its comics www.phdcomics.com. According to the site he does tours, and I would like to know if a tour was organised in the UK would you go. (I would like to know because I am willing to try and spam Postgrad associations etc, to get him over here-basically so I can acctually ignore doing my PhD).
Cheers

A

As much as I LOVE that site (and have several cartoons adorning my office walls) I'm not sure it has quite the same following over here (does it?). After all, the PhD process is so different in the States when compared to the UK so may be some of the cartoons don't have quite the same impact as they might on a USA grad student i.e. jokes about 'quals' and open vivas and the fact that you might be 7 or 8 years in grad school...

W

I am a fan of PhD comics. I sympathise with the sketches of PhD students hunched over computers in darkened rooms whilst everyone else is outside in the sun having fun. Would I go? Hmmm depends where in UK and how work was going...