PhD Interview-HELP HELP HELP!

S

Hello All,

I have a PhD interview coming up pretty soon. I have done my home work of reading the relevant research papers, brushing up basic knowledge.

But with every passing day, the more I read or get to know, the feeling of not being prepared is creeping in!

I am not nervous, but this is project is really ideal and would suit me! The supervisor is a respected academician as well. Every thing is perfect, but. . . will I get it?

Any advice?

Thank you.

W

I think that it's really good that you've done a lot of reading around to show an awareness of the field of research and who the main players are. However, save the feelings of uncertainty you have for your first year - it's the danger of reading too much in such a short space of time. Perhaps you can save the questions of uncertainty you have now for the interview and bring them up their. It'll help show that you've really given the research project a lot of thought and not just crammed your head with facts. Obviously, other questions that come up will probably include things like, 'why do you want to do a PhD?' What interests you about about this project in particular, and so forth. Will you have to give a short presentation? If so, practice your presenting skills with friends. Also, search this forum, because a lot of other people have asked the same question in the past, and a lot of other people have given far better advice than me. Good luck! (up)