phd partnership among italian and british universities, joint doctoral degree

B

hello!
i'm a new phd italian student.
i post here for a question: do you know any london university who can offer to me a chance as visiting phd student? I'm attending at first year phd in economy and market rights at Università del Salento (Italy). Interest field: corporate governance & securities markets regulation.
does somebody know the possibility of an agreement (partnership) among UK university and Italy university?
Thanks so much for helping me

T

Hi - you need to ask your University if they have any links with British Universities!

B

You might want to ask your department's erasmus coordinator whether they have any suitable links that cover PhD students - some agreements do and it would mean you'd pay no fees at the host university in britain. You could also look at London universities and see if any offer chances to be visiting or occasional students BUT this is normally dependent on you paying fees - I have no idea whether this would be hard for you or not. A joint PhD normally needs your supervisor to know an appropriate person in britain whose university would allow them to co-supervise (again generally fees will be charged) - it is hard to arrange unless your own supervisor is very well-connected.