PhD selection procedure

A

I applied for fully funded PhD programme in UK university. I am an international student.I want to know do they take interview for international students? how is the selection procedure? how they inform me?

P

they will email you or phone i would imagine, but if funding is stated for eu/uk and your not then i doubt they would interview you.

A

You may be eligible if you can pay top-up fees i.e. the difference between 'home' fees and international fees (this would be about £8K per year in my institution). Best to contact the supervisors to clarify your eligibility before submitting a full application.

A

Thanks for your reply. but i applied for DHPA studentship and I am elligible, scholarship as well as funding.

A

They may conduct a telephone interview.

V

This years funding has closed, it is too early to apply for next year's though! Which year's PhD are you applying for?

S

no, not all funding for this year is closed - there are still funded positions open.
the process might vary. on the one hand, you need to be accepted as a student by the department/university, they usually wouldn't interview for that, but would just inform you of their decision, by e-mail for example. on the other hand, for the funded position, it depends very much on the person who is offering it. like, a professor got funding for a large project which includes a funded PhD position, and put out an ad. now it is up to this professor how he/she selects from the candidates (within legal boundaries, of course).
you could write an e-mail and ask...

V

I mean for this particular DHPA award, the closing date for the receipt of unpaired core awards and additional awards in 2007 has now passed.

S

oh, sorry for misunderstanding, vagrant fish. well i suppose Ashphd is either referring to next year's funding or, more likely, has applied earlier, when the deadlines weren't past yet, and is now inquiring after what happens next.