PLZ anyone give me advice to my scholarship application

L

Dears, I am really desperated. I applied for PHD in business, got some con or uncon-offers. but none of them has scholarship. I applied for some too. but one was died already. rest of them, still no information yet.

I am really so upset, what Can I do now. I want to study the PhD so so much, but what if I can't get any scholarship. I can't afford all the tution fees and life expenses. All the ppl kept telling me that a PhD has no time for a job. I am devastated.

PlZ, anyone can help me and give me some advice. what should I do for the next. :-(

S

hi, sorry to hear that you haven't been successful yet. But all is not lost, you do have other options:
You can either:
1. continue applying for scholarships
2. change your PhD country of choice
3. look for a student loan from where you come from so that you may consider your con or un-con offers
4. do your phd locally where you live where it is more affordable (instead of overseas)
5. look for any external phd options offered so that you may work and do phd on a part-time basis
OR
6. look for any academic vacancy in the colleges/universities in your country, assuming you are qualified to teach, maybe start as junior lecturer--why because there may be opportunities for staff training/development where universities send their staff overseas (or locally) to do their phd. If this works, you may be accumulating work/teaching experience and gradually a phd. And when you finish, you still have your academic post waiting for you.

its not the end of the world.
satchi

L

======= Date Modified 21 Mar 2010 16:06:55 =======
Hi Dear Satchi, Thanks so much for you kindly support. You always be here to share my feeling. Thanks so much.

I guess I won't do the PhD locally as this is not my interests. I will look for other funding. but , do you know any information about their processes of scholarship application?  I got IELTS in 7, I am not sure if the IELTS result, they just need it to meet the academic requirement is enough, or the higher is better?

and about the time, as i know, there are still some studentship closed in April, and laterly in June. is that mean, after June or July, all the final desicion will come out. and now I should not give up so fast. I should still keep looking and applying for them.

:-s I need money, if just fee-waiver also will be great for me.

Q

Hi Lin,

Satchi gave you lots of wonderful options. Since you really think that the overseas phd is most appropriate for you, then just try (and try again). True, there are many students (including me) who have scholarships, but most of us had to apply several times and be rejected several times also. Like you, I got accepted by some universities who did not offer scholarships. Finally, I found out that there were scholarships offered to lecturers/staff of a list of universities. Since I am a lecturer of one of the universities in the list, I applied and got a scholarship. So probably Satchi's suggestion to find work in a university in your country is a good idea. Being part of a university indeed helped me find a scholarship.

Don't be so dishearted...I don't think there's a "time limit" for starting your phd. If you don't find scholarships now, try again next year. When you finally get a scholarship, you'll really appreciate it because of the work you've put in and the blessing you've received.