Pointless topic of the week - hair styling

Ok, I don't know why I'm posting this, and I don't know what the hell it has to do with PhDs, unless you're a chemist doing it or something, but, er, what do you all put in your hair? If anything...

W

I don't put anything in my hair at the moment because I barely leave my house with all the work I have to do. I would recommend Bryll Cream styling wax though. You just use a tiny bit (pea size) to style your hair and it lasts all day. The tub that you buy lasts at least a month or two as well, so a cost effective investment. Don't go for Fish styling wax. Although the hair styling product of choice for the modern day metrosexual, it doesn't wash out very well and you end up with more wax on your head than you'd find in a beehive. I wouldn't recommend using gel either. Cheap gel because, when it dries, it leaves your hair rock solid so you end up with a modern day Roman soldier helmet. Expensive gel because it's essentially a rip off.

S

I don't put anything in my hair, wash it, let it dry and the comb it. But!!! I have a brilliant hairdresser who cuts it in a way that I don't need to do anything. Although I need to have a cut every 1 1/2-2 months, otherwise my hair looks crap. Btw, I have shoulder length hair with layers.

B

Quote From SBCC:

I don't put anything in my hair, wash it, let it dry and the comb it. But!!! I have a brilliant hairdresser who cuts it in a way that I don't need to do anything. Although I need to have a cut every 1 1/2-2 months, otherwise my hair looks crap. Btw, I have shoulder length hair with layers.

You're lucky! If I left my hair to dry, it would be a frizzball.

I don't put anything in my hair but I have to use the right conditioner and attack it with straighteners if I want to look human. If I was male with short hair, I imagine I'd have a whole cupboard full of products to tame it.

Quote From walminskipeasucker:

Don't go for Fish styling wax. Although the hair styling product of choice for the modern day metrosexual,

Haha, that's exactly what I use! I like it because it's less hard than most waxes, but yes, it's impossible to get out. I like the slightly glossy finish it gives though, without being wet look.

Quote From walminskipeasucker:

Don't go for Fish styling wax. Although the hair styling product of choice for the modern day metrosexual,

Haha, that's exactly what I use! I like it because it's less hard than most waxes, but yes, it's impossible to get out. I like the slightly glossy finish it gives though, without being wet look.

D

I've only in the past few months started putting stuff in my hair - my hair is really thick and grows very quick, but I use either brylcreem wax or a clay by... someone or other. It smells nice whatever it is! I tend to use the wax if I'm going out for a long period as it holds the style for longer (but is horrid to wash out) or the clay if I'm just going out for the evening (as it tends to start to collapse a bit after a while).

M

I must be showing my ag, I don't need anything in my hair or should that be head. One of the only advantages of thinning hair, it saves you money not needing to buy assorted "stuff" to go in your hair.
I can just about remember back to my youth (that was a long time ago), and once used old fashioned Brylcreme------ Horrible stuff.
God that has just made me feel really old.
Max

C

I have short, layered hair and I use the wonderful Bed Head stuff, that's a really light wax (and a cute purple ball of a bottle!). Gives me some oomph as I have fine hair.

I have very long (i think its nearly down to my belt line now) and very thick hair. I tend to just wash it, with a load of conditioner, especially at the ends as it gets knotty, and then let it dry naturally, I've not used a hairdryer in about 6 years.

I sometimes straighten it, if so I wash it the night before, let it dry and then straighten it in the morning, I use treseme's heat protect thing if I do this and bed head shiny spray (its in a pink can) afterwards.

But generally nothing. However, I always go to the hairdressers and ask for a style that needs NOTHING in it. So they cut away, and when they're done they're all "so you just need to put a bit of clay here, a bit of mousse, a bit of serum, then spray it with this..." erm no. If I put anything in my hair I feel the need to wash it every day cos it feels all yukky.