post-grad society/group - do you have one?

C

Hi All,

Just wondering if you guys have some sort of post-grad society/group that meet up socially at your uni's? My university doesn't have anything like this - and I'm thinking of setting one up. I reckon that it'd be nice to meet up with like-minded people every now and then for a drink or something. PhD life can be very lonely so just wondering what it's like at your uni's?

This forum keeps me sane so thanks all!

V

There is a postgrad soc at my uni, but I didn't join as it doesn't have events often and when it does it's not my sort of thing. It's not really possible to go to the events on my own also, I would always have to find someone else to go with. There's no just meeting up at the pub or seeing a film. It's stuff like dances...and more dances from what I remember.

T

I think these things are what you make of them. VeryPoor, what about seeing how you can get involved in order to organise some events you think would appeal to more people?

Its OK, I can't dance either

S

We have a postgrad society, although its only been running since october last year. It's really good, there's usually socials every other week, mostly alcohol related! they do things like quizes, drinks, dinners etc. It is really good to meet like-minded people, and to have some fun.