Post viva- just over six months left to complete corrections

P

I have just over six months until my final submission date for re-submission (no further viva). My sups want a final polished draft in 5 months time.

I've spent the last 30 minutes trying to keep calm and trying to prevent a full blown panic attack!

I hope I've left enough time to complete all these corrections.

Best of luck to everyone submitting or working on thesis corrections. Good to know that I'm not the only one going through this torturous process.

L

These thesis corrections appear to be a torturous process alright.

is this major corrections? Do you have to repeat your results/obtain new results? Was the conclusion of the thesis incorrect?

M

After my personal R&R I sympathise. I think that we will manage. Just over a year for me, still haven't opened the thesis document. Every time I try to work on my thesis I get panic attacks. We will get there.

P

======= Date Modified 06 Feb 2012 13:21:27 =======
I was required to take out around 60,000 words to bring my thesis under 100,000 words. In reality this meant taking out almost an entire result chapter and significant parts of my literature review, methods and discussion chapters and focus on one result theme (rather than several results/themes).

No further data collection, data analysis or second viva.

I'm working through deleting massive sections of my thesis and transferring stuff to seperate documents for publication.