Presentation etiquette (conferences)

T

Hello,

When presenting a joint project at a conference in a talk, do you normally put your names and affiliations AND logos on the title slide? Or logos on a slide at the end? Maybe there isn't a certain rule here. What do folks normally do?

Thanks!
Tudor

N

Hi Tudor,

I've seen a lot of variety but in my field, it is quite normal to put just the name and affiliation. Some people put their job title and a logo (or multiple logos) too. Usually this is when the project has been clearly funded by a funding body and they need to say thanks publicly. I've not seen logos at the end of a presentation but I wouldn't think it was weird if someone did it. Usually, I put my name and email address with a 'thank you for listening' on the final slide. Hope that helps!

T

This is helpful! Thank you! I normally put my logo on the first slide (uni logo, not my personal logo - ha!) and the funding logo on the last slide with thank you for listening. But this is the first time I am presenting a project where my co author is from another university. So I was struggling with what to do with the logos on the title page for that reason. They just look odd! Maybe I will remove them and just state our affiliations in text instead. Thanks again!

Tudor