Printing Options

C

Due to a change in circumstances, I may be forced to submit my thesis from overseas. It's about 5 months from now but I'm feeling nervous already.

I had looked at the possibility of returning to the UK to submit my thesis in person (the flight ticket would cost me 600 pounds !) as well as printing it myself, then having it bound at a local print shop in my hometown and POSTING it from overseas to the Submissions Office ( postal costs would be something like the equivalent of 100 pounds in local currency...)

So now I'm looking at options which enable me to have my thesis printed and bound in the UK, then possibly delivered to the Submissions Office as well.

One well-known company is giving me a quote of 15 pounds per thesis ( 200 pages printed and soft-bound). Not bad actually. That however, does not include courier charges to my uni in Glasgow !

Any other reliable and reasonably-priced options, guys ?

P

Does Glasgow have a print shop on site ? If so that's your best bet - then they can just send it by internal mail free of charge to your grad school for submission ;)

C

Thanks psychresearcher for the suggestion. I hadnt't really thought of that. I shall e-mail the Uni's print services tomorrow to ask for more details. I hope the people there wouldn't mind delivering the documents via internal mail !

P

No problem - hope it works out :) that's a service we offer at the Uni I work at for our distance students so hopefully it be alright for you :)

P

Get it fully ready, save it in pdf, and then send it to the print shop on campus, they'll print and spiral bound it for you and send the bounded copies to the designated person within your university responsible for receiving theses for viva voce examination. You will also need to download, sign and send the necessary forms which accompanies the thesis. Best wishes.

C

Thanks Psychresearcher and Patseya

I contacted the Printing Services people at my uni and they gave me a quote of 24 pounds for printing and comb-binding (soft-binding) two thesis of 200 pages. And they can deliver it to the Submissions Office for me !

That sounds cool, doesn't it ? Now if only I can get the actual thesis done :D