Proof Reading Services Needed in UK

B

Hello, I urgently need services of a tried and tested professional Proof Reader for my PhD. thesis in Management Accounting. I just got feedback for my final draft after many months of waiting (thanks to the supervisor holiday). He said the work is OK but I need a proofreader. My submission deadline is 30th September. any suggestions? Regards

R

Hi Bwad, if you search 'Proof Reading' on this forum, you'll see a lot of suggestions.

B

Quote From Reenie:
Hi Bwad, if you search 'Proof Reading' on this forum, you'll see a lot of suggestions.

Thanks a lot

A

I think you need to try professorwrite.com! That might help you!!

K

I would strongly recommend the Society for Editors and Proofreaders if you want "tried and tested" and "professional". This is the professional body for proofreaders and editors in the UK and filters out a lot of the people who think "I can spot typos" and set themselves up as proofreaders with little or no proper training. You can search the SfEP directory here:

C

Quote From kelpie:
I would strongly recommend the Society for Editors and Proofreaders if you want "tried and tested" and "professional". This is the professional body for proofreaders and editors in the UK and filters out a lot of the people who think "I can spot typos" and set themselves up as proofreaders with little or no proper training. You can search the SfEP directory here:

I would second this advice, our University trainers advise students to use a registered professional. It will be important to get a price upfront and ensure they have a good understanding of what you want.