Red card system?

R

Dear moderators,

this forum has a star system to show appreciation for quality postings. Would it be feasible to have a yellow card / red card system for abusive postings?

I would like to suggest that if members feel that a post is offensive they could give a yellow card. If a certain amount of yellow cards is given the posting should be removed (= a red card).

On this forum the vast majority of posters seem to provide very helpful and decent advice and I think that it is great that this encouraged (as per stars). I think it would only be fair if members had to possibility to get rid of the offensive posts and in that way the forum would remain, in my opinion, of high quality.

R

Hi moderators,

just seen your "Abuse" botton.

So how many people need to indicate a posting as abuse for it to be taken off?

Kind regards,

Rick

C

Hi Rick.

I wonder if it may go the way of the ASBO, a badge of honour for the disturbed.

Also, never noticed that abuse button.. wonder whether a fist comes out of monitor and bops you on the nose ;-)

Ultimately, though I think the good outweighs the bad on here..  and by good i mean constructively good, not streams of sycophantism as has been suggested.

Hope KB comes back.

Have a good weekend all.

Chuff

S

Hi everyone
Normally when bullying/spamming etc take place the person is either warned by the mods to 'sort it out' or they will be banned or out right banned.
As you have seen we have added the abuse button so you can let us know things like that you don't agree with! We will always try to do out best by everyone involved but each case is judged on it's own merits, in this case the poster in question is one of the longer serving members and has in the past been voted useful. But have no doubt something will be done.
PGFT

R

Thanks Sacha,

Kind regards,

Rick