rewriting co-authored papers for thesis

A

Hi all
does anyone have any advice/links to advice for rewriting co-authored papers and submitting as part of a thesis. Can't seem to find a clear consensus about this on the web. It's all a bit wishy washy. :-) thanks in advance :D

It's difficult to advise you generally - could you be more specific as to what you're trying to find out?

A

Thanks for taking the time to reply!
I have 2 papers I have 2nd authored which I'd like to include in my thesis, along with others I have 1st authored, but I am a little confused regarding the etiquette on this. My supervisor (with whom I wrote the papers) seems quite happy for me to do this,(in fact he suggested it) with a 'rewrite' of the papers, but another member of staff (in my annual review) was rather dismissive of this type of thesis and said I should rely on my 'own' work 'not others'. (We work in a highly collaborative field, so this surprised me to say the least). To be honest, I think this person has a bit of a problem with me personally, but has now planted a seed of doubt in my head. What information I can find just gives general advice in relation to this sort of thing.
Any thoughts?