S.O.S MESSAGE ABOUT APPLICATIONS

N

I TAKE A REPLY FROM SUSSEX AND IT DID NOT TAKE ME IN NONE OF THE THREE PROGRAMMS I HAVE APPLIED FOR ( MSc IN ECONOMICS AND SOME OTHER SIMILAR )

THE THING THAT MAKES ME WONDER IS THAT SUSSEX HAS THE LOWER ENTRY SCORE THAN ALL UNIVERSITIES I APPLIED FOR ( WARWICK ,EDINBURGH , BIRMINGHAM , LOUGHBOROUGH ) EXCEPT SURREY..

SO ,THAT MEANS THAT I WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED FROM NOONE UNIVERSITY

I AM VERY DISSAPOINTED

PLZ IF SOMEBODY KNOWS SOMETHING ABOUT...COULD TELL ME...

L

so you've had a reply and they won't accept you?

Could I suggest it was due to your standard of English? Did you get your application checked by someone who spoke English?

N

i check my application with a friend of mine who speaks english very well and I gave my personal statement into my English teacher.. I haven't submited an IELTS test yet , however i think that is not a problem , i think i would take a conditional offer and that's all.. do you know what else maybe happens? Have i to worry about other answers? Sussex has the lower entry score of all universities i applied for , so you can understand why i'm disapointed..I feel that noone university will accept me..I do not have a very good grade , just 6.67 / 10 , however i have good grades in modules related with MSc in Economics...

L

how long have you been waiting? when was then deadline for applications?

it may just be that they are busy at the moment

N

I sent the required documents on 15 January.As you can see , Sussex had answered me after a week! Very soon , don't you think.. I think there is not a deadline for postgraduate programmes. I applied for MSc in Octomber 2008.... I can't understand why?? Do you think because i do not have a GMAT score? However GMAT is not mandatory , nobody asked for GMAT official .On the other hand, i applied for MSc in Economics ,there is no need for a GMAT !! Sussex has a low entry score , i think that they had to accept me . I 'm not so bad!!! Do you believe that other Universities refuse my application too?

S

nick, the fact that you got such a quick reply might mean that they are not recruiting students at all at the moment. else they would have taken longer to decide!
so that would explain the result and the fast reply, and perhaps gives you some hope for your other applications. cheers!

G

"nick, the fact that you got such a quick reply might mean that they are not recruiting students at all at the moment. else they would have taken longer to decide!"

More likely Nick just didn't make the standard. Not meant to sound harsh, just being realistic. You could ring/email them and ask of course.

N

Thank you guys for your replys. Course director answered me today and told me that the reason they will not offer me a place is that i do not have equivalent degree with second upper degree in UK. However , if Sussex is competitive , other Universities which are more difficult to get in will reject me too?????

S

Nick if your degree is not equivalent to an English 2:1, then you will have problems finding a place, yes, especially in your field which is very competitive. It would probably be better to speak to someone at the institution that is currently your first choice and ask for advice

N

Thank you.... It is very dissapointing that you said....but that's the true i think...Thank you!!

G

there are 120 Universities in the UK. Where are you looking Nick (top 30)? You 'may' have more joy in the 3070 bracket (i.e.. the old Polys).

G

That should be 30 to 70.

N

golf pro i did not understand what exactly you mean!!!!!!!!! You mean i have to look elsewhere in top 30-70 ? to you believe that worths?

N

Do you think that is a good option to spend 20,000 Euros for a year in a University between 30 -70 ? What about job prospects??

J

Penny, you haven't got a clue, apparently.

Why not take the 20,000 Pounds Sterling and donate them to a charity - money better spend I reckon.