Scruffy...forever?

P

I have been inspired to get my earring and make up out (not much of these) heheh

yes rubyw, call me bug!!!

R

Quote From phdbug:

rubyw you work with jewellery right? You must have a lovely sense of fashion and design! Wish I could get tips :)

:$ Nice of you to think so, Bug, but I'm just an arty-social science hybrid and definitely no Trinny and Susannah. :-)

C

I consciously try and wear clothes with a sense of humour. Manga cartoon prints, primary colours. It makes me feel young, even if I am 26 this year. :$

S

Quote From chrisrolinski:

I consciously try and wear clothes with a sense of humour. Manga cartoon prints, primary colours. It makes me feel young, even if I am 26 this year. :$

Lol - you ARE young, and if you're not then I need to collect my pension rather than a doctorate lol lol lol (not that I need one yet!) Sounds like a great idea though - I'm considering black considering my mood atm lol lol lol - maybe I'll follow your lead in an attempt to make myself feel young too ;-)

TK MAX!!!!! I just got beautiful biker style bomber jacket in navy blue for 9 quid wooop, woooooooop and a navy blue tule prom dress for 50 (reduced from 175!!!!! - an early birthday present) . The sales are brilliant. I've almost always worked around fashion and costume people so am hardwired to make an effort in public. But working at home is a completely different story - holey paint spattered tracksuit bottoms teamed with bed socks and a fleecey dressing gown. Wouldn't even open the door to the postman though!! My hair is defo washed less since starting the PhD, and I've put a bit of weight on. Oh well, one succumbs to priorities...

Oh Bug!! you only have one earing. We should start a fundraising initiative...

P

i m in big trouble, cant create a thread for some damn reason.

guys

a finished report 8000 words, ready to go, suddenly got corrupt by endnote and endnote is showing gibberish for every single in text citation in this form:

ADDIN EN.CITEOfcom200813113127OfcomTheOfcom Broadcasting Code (Incorporating the Cross-promotionCode)2008Officeof Communications.

i spent 10 hours editing this. It is to be submitted tomorrow. i spent the whoel vacation doing this report.

is there any way to cure this? the whole document looks like trash,

S

I am wearing a lovely extra large "Australian Workers Union" polo shirt - given to me by one of my students, over a blouse and a jumper, and a pair of jeans that - when I wore them round Sainsburys last week - fell down whilst I was looking for cinnamon sticks.
Saying that, having coffee with my ex yesterday, he looked incredulous when I turned up strolling down the ice-covered high street, in brand new 5-inch suede peep-toes, under the pretence that "they needed breaking in" rather than "I really miss you and want to remind you how hot I am - these shoes make my bum look great".
Put a jumper and socks on as soon as I got home though!

mmmm day pyjamas. Unfortunately I have to step outside tomorrow so will have to wear rubbish jeans rather than my 'sports world' lovely warm lonsdale joggers and jumper - sooo warm! Next week I will have to even wear smart clothes like black trousers - nightmare! Think I must be crossed with some sort of hibernating animal, perhaps a hedghog, or maybe a tortoise - the way my PhD is going

S

Lol, love the heels, nothing like showing them what they're missing ;-)

Sigh, yes I know the hibernating animal look, I wish that i could live in nice fleecy pjs, fluffy socks and slippers all day everyday, the school run wrecks that look though :-( I am just about to take off my heeled boots now I'm home and go into slouch mode again and 'try' to get some work done!

P

======= Date Modified 07 Jan 2009 13:14:28 =======
ok i suddenly feel like robbing all of you guys amd taking all your clothes and make up and jewellery bcos I last did laundry dont remember when and have NO clothes left.

(spent hours recovering a project, and am seeing yellow stars in my head bcos didnt eat for almost a day)

P

Hey Eska, I just wondered what your background was a you mentioned fashion and costume. Also what is your research on - is it related? I only ask as I'm working on medieval costume. Send me a PM if you don't want to say too much on the forum.

R

Pam, I was thinking the same thing! Eska, after you mentioned teaching contextual studies to fashion students on another thread I wondered whether you were at the same uni for a moment, I would also be interested to know your topic, by PM or otherwise! Sounds like we all overlap a bit which is interesting as I used to think it was mainly scientists on here.

But Bug,this is why you think just conquering one universe and not two hundred over the Christmas holidays is slacking off!!! we spend time shopping doing laundry, at our toilette etc instead...

P

no eska...nothing of that sort....i know i have to do laundry, but it's too cold outside and i am hibernating for a couple of days now...(and missing home like crazy)....urrgh bad time...