Settling in-- at last!

O

It occurs to me that I have not thought of McDonalds in weeks. I have not gone there, have not even wanted to go there, have not thought of it, yearned for it, craved it...even when having moments or periods of stress! HOORAY!!!! That means I am getting settled into my new country and my new programme of study, and not in need of those familiar things from "home" ( even though I never ate McDonalds in the US!).

S

Big deal, why dont u tell Elsevier and get it published on one of their journals. Hahaha!
Cheers

S

hehe, good luck

R

sre292, no need to be a smart arse

nice to hear you are settling in olivia

its a shame there arnt any IHOP places outside the States. Yummy Pancakes!!!

O

A friendly suggestion SRE292 ( that actually is one of my favourite songs by the Hidden Roosters!!! THOSE WERE THE DAYS!!!!! Them and Little Feat! You are not a Hidden Roosters fan are you?) if you are going to post comments of this sort that try to be amusing, it might help if they actually were. Its an art form. Perhaps a good listen to some more of the Hidden Roosters would elevate your cynicism and sarcasm! "OOOH...down at the beach house....Xavier's Barbeque..those were the days....trout in the river...it makes you shiver...those were the days...!!!!" ( fav. lyrics from the Hidden Roosters. Actually, the Hidden Roosters used to have trout receipes on the sleeve of their LPs and that is where I first learnt to love trout!

O

Just over the moon at another Hidden Rooseters fan on this forum!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hurry and post back SRS292, how did you choose that for your name and is that your fav Hidden Roosters song? You know all about the symbolism of it of course, or surely you would not have chosen it. It goes so well with the whole of the PhD thing!!!! Down at the beach house....Xavier's Barbeque...

B

Hey Olivia, what happened re: your dogs in the end?

O

hi blueberry thanks for asking. In the end they are staying at least for now where they are in the US with family members. I will have to re-evaluate that in a few months time.