(silly) question about case study

S

hi everyone,
Could someone please clarify this for me? I am confused about this thing with case study.

1. If I interview 3 people in 3 different companies, is this ONE case study with 3 subjects, or is this 3 case studies? These 3 people will give varying answers, but the question asked to them is the same one.

2. Is a case study a research study? So let's say I did a case study and one study (piloted an intervention), can I say that two research studies were carried out, and one was a case study.

3. Does anyone have a good sample paper writing about a case study that can be shared with me? (and could I PM you for your email add)

Thanks
love satchi

C

1. Would that be a case series?

2. I'd think a case study is a research study. So yeah I'd agree your wording is ok.

3. Sorry can't help on this one.

S

thanks Catalinbond!

oh yes I found one case study paper but I have no access, if anyone else is reading this post, and if someone can kindly access it for me, I'd be most grateful :-)

Journal of Interprofessional Care - 14(2):Pages 189-200; Partnerships with service users in interprofessional education for community mental health: a case study

Thanks again
love satchi

E

Hi Satchi
My answer to your question 1: you are asking 1 question to 3 different people. This is one case study. You will have 3 answers to one question. A good book on case study is written by Robert Yin, 2003 or 2009.