some good news

S

hey there,
out of about 9 funding applications i had made, one was still open. the one i had least hopes about, so, as all other applications were rejected, i kind of concluded that there was no point in hoping that this one would work out. the results were due sometime in August, but i was not aware of that.
well yesterday I received an e-mail welcoming me as an alumni. that got me concerned (turned out it was a mistake) as i do intend to continue studying... so i checked out my regristrastion status etc. online. with some surprise i saw there that apparently my uni owes me some money. what the...?
so i went to our student's service centre, and with a pounding heart, wobbly knees, and trembling hands, made some inquiries. and it turns out - the uni is giving me some funding! just enough to cover the fees and a little extra. wow - i still can't properly believe it. this means, that with my teaching job, and living cheaply, i can manage for the next half year or so. and by then, who knows, some major funding might have come through. whoohoo! :-) :-) :-)

P

Oh, fantastic, well done,

C

yay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

V

great news!!! Congratulations!!! And you know- money attracts money:))

V

haha, shani, it is even better than ESRC which can only cover the fee for you. Loss is another kind of gain. congrad!

B

Congratulations, you deserve it I'm sure!

K

That's great news, Shani, really pleased for you!

brilliant news congratulations

J

That's brilliant news Shani, well done

S

thank you everyone, for being happy with me. i still can hardly believe it. going out to celebrate with a friend who also got a chunk of money now. cheers!

J

Hey, nice to hear some good news

H

Awww thats great shani

S

congrats so pleased for you