strange days--what is going on?!

X

anyone else out there having a strange few days? I don't know what's happening, but I'm feeling extremely lethargic, can't be bothered, am in a right mood today, and just feeling blah. The people I've run into in the past couple of days have reported extreme lethargy as well. I got in a right strop about the stupidest thing today. Anyone else experiencing this odd cosmic energy? I think I'll go hide under my duvet and sit it out...

S

I'm feeling the odd cosmic energy xeno. Haven't been able to drag myself out of bed before 9 all week. I've acheived nothing today, despite having so much to do. my research has actually been going better than ever in the last 2 weeks, so you'd think i'd be more motivated, but there is something stopping me from getting stuck into real work. Must be the weather. It's all too much for me!

O

I think it has got to have something to do with the weather, at least! And maybe post holiday blahs. I saw a glowing object in the sky, a strange sight indeed, for a few moments yesterday...not a UFO, but the SUN!!!!! I know it does not always rain like this in England, but if I did not know better, I would have the impression that England has a persisent eternal twilight...Seasonal Affective Disorder is what people get from lack of sunlight...can you go to a place with artificial lights that mimic sun--a greenhouse does wonders! Or get outside for the brief moments that the sun does appear?

Why does it always start to rain just when I am ready to venture outside to forage for some lunch? Yesterday I had to have two bags of Doritos for lunch... from the vending machine.

STOP RAINING!!!!!!!!!!!!

O

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seasonal_affective_disorder

That ever authoritative source--Wikipedia, on Seasonal Affective Disorder, which reports that Australian Natalie Umbruglia came down with a bad case of it during a stay in London.

B

yep, feeling rubbish as well....
yesterday i didnt leave the house as i felt so yucky. I was thinking of getting one of those dawn simulator clocks to try and wake me up in the morning....anyone got one?

J

You could be fighting off a cold virus. Lots of them about at the moment.

X

Actually olivia, it's not the weather. The weather doesn't bother me at all. In fact, I'm miserable in the summer, and bouncy in the winter! This is something else altogether. It's a mystery. Think I might make myself somethin nice for tea, or get a lovely chinese takeaway--always cheers me up!

E

Wow, what a relief to hear that other people are feeling this strange vibe around! Xeno, have to concur with you mate, it's not the weather for me either. I'm a winter person as well. It's all gone a bit Pete Tong at the moment. I'm absolutely knackered, can't be bothered, and have been feeling like this for a few days now--oh, and I'm a right moody git as well! I had a proper go at someone for using my butter this morning--not good. As my housemate says, maybe there's some strange planetary alignments to blame!

O

When the moooooooonnnnn is in the 7th house and Mercury aligns with Mars....

actually according to www.cainer.com, the Moon is in Taurus, Mercury is semi square and waning with Pluto, and the moon is waxing ( ie. growing towards full). Seems a benign planetary set up...

O

To the non-weather affected...you ARE describing the very classic symptoms of at least subsyndromal Seasonal Effective Disorder. You could very well love winter weather, but still suffer the physical effects of lack of sunlight, which is thought to perhaps impact seratonin levels, causing a depressive mood.

J

I got one of these simulator clocks which are supposed to simulate sunlight. Waste of money

S

I'm having a very blah and irritable time too. I think it must be post-holiday blues - the break was very disruptive.

That, and my big cat is spraying all round my house because of a new cat in the neighborhood and the smell is driving me CRAZY. I can't exactly figure out all the places but I sprayed for it this morning and when I came home it was worse than ever.

I'm really going off my cat.

R

Wikipedia says 1 in 5 Irish people suffer from SAD!!! What a load of rubbish, every 5th person I meet is not depressed... I think I would have noticed?!?!?

This is all about cosmic balance... things go right for me for the first week in about a year - so things have to go wrong this week for 52 other people - that's the law of the universe. Sorry!!! Don't worry I'm sure order will be restored next week

O

Maybe you are dehydrated?! Dehydration can show up with symptoms of tiredness, etc, so it could be that you need to drink more water!

O

ewww...pet odor is hard to combat! Vinegar..which you probably know..is supposed to eliminate the odor, even to the cat, so it does not keep going in the same areas. Baking powder is supposed to help soak up odors, especially if you have hard wood floors or carpeting, where the pet mess can seep down to the lower layers and remain there...a black light is supposed to reveal the hidden areas where a pet has sprayed...then you can treat that area. Failing that, threaten that cat that you will move a large hairy dog in that will eat him if he does not stop!