Submiting an abstract without any results

C

I want to present at a conference in Easter as I am going into my second year and feel it is time I started to present my work. Unfortunately I have to have the abstract submitted by Friday and I as yet have no real results.
My problem is that being a zoology student I have spent the first year gathering my samples from across the country and storing them. I have finally gathered all my samples and am ready to start testing them. I have already learnt and tested the lab techniques I will be using so by the time the conference comes about I will have lots of results.
Does anyone know the proper way of saying "I dont have results now but will have when I present the paper"? I have heard the correct term for this type of abstract before but have forgotten it.
Thanks

O

"Tentative findings are..."
"Preliminary study"

The rest can be made up - everybody does for conference papers. just shows the hypocricy of the whole business as honesty won't get you accepted.

H

If you know the tests and things you are doing, then surely you can just say "we will be presenting the findings of blah and blah", try to keep it open as possible.

S

I think what H says is correct however i think lying and making things up is bad bad idea. A better way to beef up an abstract is to incude more intro to put dad into context then as forementioned suggest data will be shown on poster-sentances such as preliminary data suggests are good!Hope that helps.

S

I think what H says is correct however i think lying and making things up is bad bad idea. A better way to beef up an abstract is to incude more intro to put data into context then as forementioned suggest data will be shown on poster-sentances such as preliminary data suggests are good!Hope that helps.

C

I submited my abstract on time, thanks for all your advice