The Happy Thread

S

hi everyone
I'm happy because I have managed to get back to writing again!
After 7 months of not doing it.

love satchi

M

I am happy as I am writing more than ever. Kinda wondering why I didn't bother my ass earlier!

B

Ok I'll chime in. I'm spending 12 months while I have an honorary research fellowship converting my PhD thesis into more journal papers (I had 2 published during my PhD). Recently 2 papers were accepted by journal editors, including the most eminent journal in my field, 2 more papers are currently with editors/reviewers, and 2 more (including 1 based on my Masters dissertation) are in preparation. So things are going very well. And all are single authored papers, so just me.

A

OK this is not PhD related directly. But I am happy cos I moved to a new apartment and asked for a new bed and they got me a double bed rather than a single bed. Oh the comfort (have never had a double bed before so I am truly excited)

M

I've had my first paper published, so I'm right chuffed! :-)
I feel like a kid with the keys to the sweet shop.
Mog

D

Well done Mog and Bil(up)

S

I am happy because today is submission eve 8-)(up)

B

I am happy because I passed my viva and starting a new job next week.:-)

D

That's great slowmo, you're nearly there!

Blue, fantastic, I'm very happy for you, especially given your worries. Glad luck with the new job.

D

I'm happy because I've started my discussion, still plenty of things to do on some of the other chapters, but feel I've had a productive day so far:-)

S

I'm happy because my hip op went well and I am working productively today for a change!

D

That sounds really painfully, I hope you're OK. Nice to read you're feeling good about things.