Those days when you just can't be bothered...

C

Don't you just hate those days? Especially when it's just after xmas, meaning no work for a week or so anyway...
I'm in the 2nd year of my PhD and for a few months now I've just lost all motivation and interest. I feel like all I've done for that time is go on facebook, interspersed by a few experiments which have taken me no closer to finding any answers...

H

*yawn* I'd reply, but I can't be bothered...

T

I know what you mean.. I tried to be organised at the end of last year by leaving notes on all my samples and stuff.. but unfortunately it didnt really work and i have had to decipher everything.. and I can't be bothered.. although I have managed to get a few bits done today which is a start!

B

Sorry to take some joy from what you wrote, but it is such a relief to hear I'm not the only one whose motivation has totally vanished! I took a week off for Christmas and now I just can't make myself work! I've read papers but in terms of actual planning of studies (just started in october) - nothing. Am hoping the fact that I've got three deadlines coming up in the next couple weeks will 'inspire' me...