time is up, money is dowwwwn - argh!

C

======= Date Modified 08 25 2010 12:25:30 =======
Well, I am, now offically jobless and without income, needing to get this thesis completed asap because I need to eat next month! Still have so much to do and just cannot will myself to complete. Just want to leave it all behind and run away.

Still, that is not an option. I am going to have to adopt a "it will do" attitude to some of the draft material rather then make it all "perfect".

2 weeks to get done:

-redraft introduction
-redraft conclusion
-redraft half of chapter three
-redraft half of chapter four.

This pot will track my progress, so that in two weeks I can announce that I have handed in the penultimate draft.

Aim for today - complete the introduction.

A

good luck chris, my aim for today is to complete my first draft of my lit review, so at least you're way ahead of me! you can do it!!

S

Good luck - I'm sure you can do it! I'm also funding-less :(

M

Sounds completely do-able. Once you've the introduction re-drafted you'll be feeling much better.

As for money - when my friends were finishing / out of funding we used to take turns cooking for them or 'accidentally' cooking too much. Let your friends/family know your situation, most will be only delighted to give you a hand whatever way they can.

Quickest way to run away from phd for good is to finish it.

C

Almost done with the introduction. Has taken ages.

Had two ominous nose bleeds today (ick) but it looks like I have managed to sort out some temporary casual work to see me through for a bit.

Hoping to get the thesis done soon!

M

Congrats on the introduction and the temp work. Keep chipping away and you'll get there eventually a la Shawshank Redemption :)
Had nosebleed in the shower yesterday. not fun. Hope yours stays away!

D

Chris, it goes totally and utterly against my principles, but have you considered writing essays for undergrads? I hear it pays rather well!

C

After dithering and dreading and procrtastinating for the past few weeks,I have been imposed a deadline by my sup. I have two weeks to hand-in the thesis.

:-(

obviously s/he thinks it's doable. Good luck (up)

W

Chrisrolinski, please don't curse me but I think that's a really good move of your supervisor. I say that because at my next meeting that I have with mine, I'm actually going to ask them to get super-tough with me and start imposing deadlines on me for chapters. I've done the research (about two thirds of it), so I want them expecting completed chapters from me for certain dates. Hopefully, this added pressure will drive me forwards more.

C

Thanks, yes - I am hoping that the deadline and the fear will enable me to buckle down. Starting with an early start tmrw...urm....today!

T

Good luck Chrisrolinski!