timescale - possible?

W

Hi
I am doing my PhD part time and hope to submit in just over a year - i should have most of my data (mostly interviews) collected and analysised by Christmas / early new year - do you think that this gives me enough time to write up for a August deadline?I already have papers published that will form the basis of the chapters so it is really just rewriting these into PhD chapters along with the new data that I am currently analysising (and intro / lit review chapter that is 'in progress'!)
Just looking for reassurance that it can be done!
Thanks!

L

Definately!!!

sounds like you have most of the chapters all ready there. its always easier to write chapters from published work, which can act like a skeleton to buildup on. and 6months is more than enough time to write the thesis.

i am planning on writing my thesis in 3 months (i have to! no choice, or i will fail).

so your time, is absolutely possible! good luck

A

It depends upon your supervisors. Estimate a time and add 50% to it to allow for changes, amendments, flaws in argument and summaries etc. The more supervisors you have, the greater the conflict of representation. It always takes much longer than you anticipate.

W

Thanks - I like Lara's response best! I am obviously also writing up as I am going as well rather than leaving everything till after data analysis stages so hopefully there will be plenty of time...part time is a long enough slog!

S

That sounds very doable to me - as long as your supervisors feedback on time.

B

Sounds plausible to me too. Just get your best organisational socks on and away you go!