tired and unable to concentrate

C

Hi all, I know there have been threads about this previously, but does anyone else find that they'll have a day when writing/research goes really well, and then find that you may sit in front of your computer for next two days but have little energy and unable to concentrate?? I feel like I'm great in spurts but then lose it! Just wondering what your experiences are like?? Any pearls of wisdom? :)

B

I have this all the time and I'm afraid I haven't really found a solution. My only advice - and I'm rubbish at applying this to myself - is to do something completely different. Does your filing system need sorting? Is there an article you've been meaning to read? Anything else PhD-related you can do to distract yourself for a while.

R

Hi CharlieChaplin,
I know exactly how you feel! I now do one day on, one day off (in terms of hardcore reading and writing)and I am way more produtive than when I used to try and work all day 6 days a week. Give yourself permission to have the day off, because we all know that 3 days of productive work are worth a lot more than 6 days of procrastination/general doom in front of the pc