To stay or go?

K

Hi everyone. I am confused and i am hoping you can help. i currently have a very good job that I mostly enjoy, though I am going through a hard patch at the moment. I have just seen a job advertised for a criminology lecturer which is my topic area, on less money, and don't know whether to apply or not. I am completing the corrections on my PhD and many years' of industry experience in the justice system - and may have a chance at it - who knows! I half feel as though I should take the chance to move on, but half of me is terrified of leaving behind a good thing where I get a lot of respect and make a good living, and have potential for the future maybe.
If anyone has any thoughts I would be grateful!

D

whether you get the lecturing job or not is not a question at this point. I guess what you have to consider is which of the two can be more sustainable (esp. benefits) and fulfilling?

Perhaps you can expound more on your post, i.e. details of current job and the lecturing option

:-)

B

Apply anyways - once after the interview and if you are lucky enough to be offered, you can make the decision!