Tunes

Z

Hi,
When you're getting started on your work for the day - what tune fires you up and gets you going? For me at the moment it's "Dog Days are over" Florence and the Machine. What about you? Or do you have another way of motivating yourself to get started?! :)

I tend to listen to Heart fm on the way to dropping hubby off at the station, so anything poppy and catchy :p this morning, it was mainly lady gaga

J

For me it would have to be a dark trance/psy trance mix by either my wonderful other half or John 00 Fleming :)

There is nothing like the energy in fleming-esq trance for me!

Quote From jellypsybean:

For me it would have to be a dark trance/psy trance mix by either my wonderful other half or John 00 Fleming :)

There is nothing like the energy in fleming-esq trance for me!

This could have been in martian for all I understood of it! I feel so out of touch!

J

I do admit it is a bit niche ;)

Haha, me too, Sneaks!

When I'm working from home I sometimes play something bluesy or jazzy (Howlin Wolf, Muddy Waters, Ella Fitzgerald, Louis Armstrong, Miles Davis etc) - for some reason that works much better at putting me in the modd to work than rock or pop does. But when I'm working at university I listen to my MP3 player on the train, and blues/jazz doesn't work at all then because of train noise, so that's usually something really poppy and upbeat like the Fratellis or silly pop hits I'd be embarrassed to admit to (errr, like Katy Perry or Britney Spears or Kylie, anything that works over the sound of the train!) One extreme to the other really!

I also spend way too much time playing games on Facebook - my morning getting-in-the-mood time seems to stretch out as I think 'oh just one more go then....'

I

Hi Zipidee,

I really love radiohead, coldplay and any alt rock but I can't work with lyrics so for me it is all about house, trance, progressive house etc as they offer awesome beats that help me think.

Also if you haven't already I really recommend Last.fm!

S

hi everyone! I love neil sedaka
"LAughing in the rain...."

love satchi

T

At the moment its either "Love Drunk" Boys Like Girls or "Lost in Stereo" All Time Low
But this changes week to week lol, last week my motivation songs were "Back to Hell" Alkaline Trio and "Nothing" A