UK gradschool; good or bad

S

has anyone one here been to a UK GRADschool .. was it useful? im in two minds whether to go or not!

I've been to a national one (not local, but 5-day one). It was one of the best experiences of my life. I learned a lot about myself, and met wonderful people. Every PhD student should attend.

H

I'm going later this year! Heard only good things about it!

I have to go though.

S

its been highly recommended to me, and ive heard nothing but good things about it.

i should really go to one...

R

I'm going in June - looking forward to it, hope it lives up to the good reviews!

J

trying to avoid it personally. need as much time as possible to do some actual research!

C

I went on one in my 2nd year and personally got loads out of it. I think the more effort you put in, in terms of moving out of your comfort zone, the more you will get back. It's hard work though, so be prepared for that. The group exercises can seem a bit 'cheesy' at the time, but looking back I can see how they relate to the real world. I think you will have fun. I did mine in Windermere with half a day of outdoor stuff which was great. Plus it was a free trip to the Lake district! Enjoy!