UNIVERSITIES REQUIREMENTS AND DEGREE EQUIVALENT

N

MORE UNIVERSITIES ASKED FOR A FIRST OR UPPER SECOND CLASS DEGREE ( 2.1 OR 2.2 IN UK ) ....THAT IS COMPULSORY ? THEY DO NOT ACCEPTED STUDENTS WITH LOWER DEGREE? THE EQUIVALENT DEGREE IN GREECE IS AT LEAST 7 / 10 .MY DEGREE IS 6.67 / 10 .DO I HAVE POSSIBILITIES TO BE OFFERED A PLACE IN A GOOD UNIVERSITY ? IF ANSWER IS YES .....TAKING INTO CONSIDERATION THE ONLINE TIMES RANKINGS IN WHICH UNIVERSITIES I COULD BE ACCEPTED ( POSITION IN RANKINGS I MEAN )

L

a first or upper second class is 1st or 2i in the UK, not a 2ii.

N

O! ok ! do you know anything about if you do not have the minimum degree they demand , have you got possibilities to offer you a place?

H

Firstly, can you please not write in CAPS, it makes it annoying to read.

Regarding your question, yes it is possible to do a Masters with a 2ii, a number of people on the forum have done such a course with that grade.

If you want to find a good university that will take you, firstly find all the universities that do the course you want, then look up the RAE of that department and rank them. Starting from the top, take each department in turn and look to see if you must have a 2i or first. Sometimes you may have to contact the department directly.

N

ok ! thank you and sorry for CAPS

P

I HAVEA BACHEROL DEGREEIN PHILOSOPHY FROM PONTIFICA UNIVERSITY URBANIANA WITHTHE AVERAGE OF BENE PROBATUS. I WANT TOJOIN MASTERS DEGREE IN INTERNATIONAL RELATIONSHIP AND DIPLOMACY.

P

I ASK YOUR SPONSORSHIP TO ATTAIN A MASTERS DEGREE COURSE IN INTERNATIONAL RELATIONSHIP AND DIPLOMACY. I OWN A BACHEROL DEGREE IN PHILOSOPHY FROM PONTIFICAL UNIVERSITY URBANIANA IN ROME.

N

what exactly is your question ??

P

My question is, Can i get/study a masters degree in internationl relationship and diplomacy with my bacherol degree in philosophy? I now own a bacherol degree in philosophy.

N

I think yes. Maybe you will be told to taught some related courses first ( in August) but this is not 100 % .Maybe...I believe that you have to do it if is your dream . Some useful links are : www.braintrack.com in which you can find all universities from all over the world and www.guardian.co.uk - education - universities guide or www.timesonline.com.uk - social - education which you can find universities ranking in UK for every subject are you interested in.! I hope these are helpful for you!

N

A good idea is to find universities' admission officer for the subject you are interested in and send him / her an email in which you will ask him /her if you can applied for this MSc are you talking about , taking into consideration that your bachelor degree is on philosophy .I believe that's the better idea! Send them an email , for not to drop time , money and documents!!!!!!