Viva

S

Hello everyone,
As a few of you know I had my second viva last week and....... I got minor corrections :-):-):-) The examiners were very nice again and most of the thesis is now fine. The only problem with is the way I have written about my model is too negative largely because it didn't work out as I had planned. So I need to do a bit of work on three of the chapters in order to sound more positive, and then I'm done. Phew!
They've given me six months because the coursework/exam marking season is coming around again but they told me that three months should be enough.

Thanks for the good wishes I received. Since I'm a member of staff at my university, I have had very little contact with other PhD students so the support received on this forum has saved my sanity and finding out that I wasn't the only one suffering was invaluable.

Good luck to everyone on the writing up and re-submit treadmill - there is a light at the end of tunnel!!! (up)

Sarah :-)

C

Congratulations!!!! :)

A

well done!

B

Huge congratulations Sarah! I've heard of a few people lately who were referred at their viva but got through in the end. Stories like yours are very encouraging because I'm not expecting my viva to be plain sailing by any stretch! Nice to know things can turn out well in the end.

L

congratulations! that's super great news!! WELL DONE!!! and minor corrections, thats just really brilliant.

B

Hi Sarah

That's great news. Well done. It's helpful to hear about your experience and especially about reporting positively on your results, even if they don't always turn out 'successfully' - I think it's so easy to forget, in research, that a negative result can also be a positive finding... after all it informs others of what works, what didn't and why... and so clarifies an approach for others taking a similar or related path in future. (up)

M

Well done - Sarah.

Bet you're glad it's all over!!

Onwards and upwards!(up)

S

Congratulations Sarah - I'm so pleased for you, what brilliant news :-D I do love hearing about people who've come out the other end and still seem as though they haven't been committed to a secure institution lol - it gives me hope that there is a light at the end of this ;-)

J

Hey ! Really well done! enjoy some well earned rest now!

D

Nice One!!!!!! Enjoy!!!!

R

That's brilliant Sarah, a well deserved result!! You must be SO pleased that you can finally move on to something else and put this behind you!!

Thanks for posting stuff about your experiences btw, I've really admired your tenacity for staying with it. (up):-)(up)

P

Well done, that's brilliant!