What are you up to?

R

What are y'all up to right now? I've finished pratting about pretending to write my abstract for my poster submission for a symposium.

Tomorrow I have to be up at 8am. Lecture at at 10am, and then lab in afternoon.

You?

P

I am procrastinating about going to bed, even though I have to be up at 6. This is stupid.

R

Of all the things to procrastinae against.......?? Impressive.

P

I am bored. It is 3pm and I am B-O-R-E-D, Bored.

Everyone I know is at work, all of you are asleep, nothing on telly and I am unmotivated. How is a girl meant to procrastinate when there is nothing to do?

I can hear my mum saying "Only boring people get bored", well bugger it, I must be boring. Hmmm...maybe I should make a chocolate cake - that'll fill in half an hour. Later, sleepy heads.

R

Piglet are you not in England?

P

Nah, mate. Australia - where the English cricket team are currently being given cricket lessons.

R

Haha yeah I have to admit that defeat was hilarious! What are ya studying??

P

Science, microbiology and molecular stuff. In a field that is completely irrelevant in the UK, but is relevant here. I am sure most of you would laugh at what I do, but I won't tell you what it is for fear of exposing myself!

R

We have loads of microbiologists here working on focused hings like one protein, or one bacterium or something. I don't laugh at them and I don't think anyone else does. Whatever you enjoy lol.

P

Oh, I enjoy it very much! Even my parents said "Are you sure you can do a PhD in that stuff?" when I started.

Mind you, I look at other peoples work and have a giggle at what they do all day - like the lady who developed a classification system for the clitoris during her PhD!

P

Guessing that last comment was a conversation killer!

R

Hehe no it was funny! I had a lecture to go to. I just had my blood taken by a really cture doctor. One that I want to take home to meet ,my mommy lol! I didn't know to say I was just a bumbling buffoon. ARGH.

I

Better than nearly throwing up! I gave blood last night and it really got me this time - last two times have been OK... not the most pleasant thing in the world, but felt good to do my bit. Last night I got a right panic on, sweats, dizziness, the lot. I must have looked like a right baby. Bet the blood service, much as they need donations, would rather big girls blouses like me just stayed at home

R

Teehee. I would liek to give blood, but I have borderline anaemia, so would probably have a worse problem than you did! Hey well anyway, you didn't embarrass yourself in front of someone you think is quite hot?

I

They do a finger-prick to test a drop of blood for iron levels before you donate. Being a veggie, it's quite useful as a mini medical actually (your iron levels have got to be good so you don't feel unwell afterwards).

And on the other matter...No! In REAL life, nurses are usually middle-aged and slightly round - and everyone else there is a stranger.