What subject areas are others working in

M

As a new member of this group I find it interesting reading the posts, especially about motivation/ getting things done. What I would be interested in knowing is what areas other people are working in. The majority of posts where a subject is hinted at seem to come from arts/ humanities type subjects. Are there any other engineers on here. Having an idea of the "expertise" people have would be helpful to know if any problems I encounter may be able to be answered by someone on here. This may have already been covered in other posts, but as I said I am relatively new on here and most of the regular posters seem to have a good idea what each other is doing.
Thanks
Max:-)

M

Geography (as my name suggests!) :)

C

History. And right now I wish I had never started.

psychology and hating it :-(

K

Literature. Although my sup today described my thesis as interdisciplinary with philosophy...which it's not really. Philosophy-lite.

M

Psychology / Health - though my most recent reading has included sociology, feminist theory, history, art history, midwifery and anthropology books and papers.

S

Biological Sciences / Medical - Type 2 Diabetes and Obesity

Film and art history, but I'm writing for a film audience.

Environmental psychology, with some more cross-disciplinary environmental stuff thrown in.

B

I'm history (social/cultural history).

Used to be a computer science PhD student as well, but that was a lifetime ago ;-)

E

Statistical genetics

@superman - what aspect?

Ejc

B

Linguistics (sociophonetics)

P

media and communications (and loving it!)

S

Quote From ejc:

Statistical genetics

@superman - what aspect?

Ejc

Using genetic KO models to explore the role of a specific gene/protein on glucose homeostasis and body mass.

What about you?

K

Clinical psychology- Alzheimer's disease stuff! KB