Where's everyone from/what's everyone doing?

R

Afternoon all,

Going to start a seperate thread with my general 'panicking' but have been a lurker on here for some time now, finally getting the courage up to start posting.

Just wondered where everyone's from on here/what everyone's doing?

I'm based at the University of Nottingham Business School doing a PhD focusing around co-creation... Anyone else in the East Midlands?

Cheers!

Welcome! Greetings Stranger! (in the voice of the merchant from resident evil) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7oXx0qwe0wc

I'm from London! Although hate it here because its generaly dirty and long to be back in the shire.

R

Thanks, what are you studying mate?

I've said it on another thread - I'm trying to keep a vague thin curtain of anonymity, but failing miserably! Yours sounds fab - co-creation - like adam and eve!! haha. Its in a similar vein to yours I would sit better in I-WHO tho

R

Fab once I'm able to get into it.... Many supervisors/students in general read this forum?

C

I'm also preferring my anonymity! Co-creation sounds interesting... does that encompass open-source software etc.? Or is this some business thing I know nothing about 8-)

M

Hellooo I'm studying Literary History; I'll keep my Uni quiet however, just incase I am unveiled. Happy posting, I think I have developed an addiction...M,x

W

I'm doing some research in health and I'm based 'oop North' Good luck with your work.

Quote From rebel:

Many supervisors/students in general read this forum?

Who knows but I def don't want my sups/colleagues to know my whinging - and how much time I spend on here ;-)

S

Lol, I also prefer a vague sense of anonymity - but I'm in history and based somewhere in the south ;-) Lol - heaven forbid my supervisor saw all of this - I think he already thinks I'm totally nuts lol!

R

Quote From cleverclogs:

I'm also preferring my anonymity! Co-creation sounds interesting... does that encompass open-source software etc.? Or is this some business thing I know nothing about 8-)

Co-creation is something to do with business... Basically this idea that the service offering (i.e. value) is generated from both the consumer and the organisation. In fact in my reading I'm found that the value is primarily generated by the consumer and a firm just provides the platform... Relatively new stuff that I'm struggling to get my head around!

E

Well, I am from Greece and I am based at London.
I have done my first master at Nottingham Uni, had a FANTASTIC year there........
Beautiful memories!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

======= Date Modified 03 Dec 2009 18:54:00 =======
Hi Rebel, I too have attempted anonymity, but find my veil slips, disconcertingly, now and again. This, in brief, is what I have thus far revealed: I live in the North, but my PhD uni is further North and my subject is national identity in film. I have let more than that slip in the past, but don't really want to remind everyone of the details. Sometimes I would love to be more open, but I learned the value of anonymity when I first came on here and was having terrible trouble with a supervisor; by remaining anonymous I can be more honest.

R

So do many supervisors read this board then would you say? I guess there's not many students at NUBS doing co-creation... Having said that on second thoughts there is!!! Maybe I shouldn't give away too much over time?

N

Hi Rebel,

Welcome to the site. I'm based in Glasgow and my PhD is based around biomedicinal chemistry and drug delivery.