Which one..?

N

Hi everyone
I got an offer to study MA philosophy in Bristol and Leeds Universities. I might get an offer from UCL.
I need your opinions which one should I choose. I am concerned only with the academic aspects. If this helps, I am interested much in Epistemology, philosophy of mind and philosophy language.

I appreciate your help

N

I really need your help guys..

W

When it comes down to it, it is in fact about what YOU can offer.
How far do you want to go?
Do you just want a good qualification with no further route in academia? Then go for the place that interests you best academically AND socially, work hard, get a good degree, good references. your hard work and commitment will show where-ever you choose.
A good degree result is what employers will look at as well as that you are a person who has a life/personality outside academia.
Do you want to carry on and eventually be an expert academically in your field? Then choose the place best for post graduate work/experts in your field in the hope you can get good references for further career progression within universities.

If you know your subject well it doesn't matter as much if it is university A or university B: it matters how good you are, and you can prove that anywhere.

N

Thanks a lot Waddett. That is very wise of you. However, I think good department is very important factor in the academic improvement. In addition, I got a job, I am a lecturer already. Therefore, I just want to widen my knowledge by great philosopher and fine atmosphere.

I still could use more oinion where should I go to, Leeds UCL or Bristol?

Thanks again

H

If you are looking at prestige, then UCL.

N

Chococake, You mean in philosophy or in general?