Will my literature review be read?!

A

Hi all,

As you may see from my previous posts, I have been tackling my literature review, which I am gladly coming to the end of within the next few weeks! Phew!!

I've put all this effort into constructing what I believe to be a comprehensive review of the specifics of my topic, but do you think it will even be read???

Thanks
AC

T

Of course!

It will be read by you and hopefully your supervisor.

A

I'm my supervisors first PhDer and to be fair he is very enthusiastic so i do believe he will read it. But do you think my examiners will??!!

P

Quote From acecard:
I'm my supervisors first PhDer and to be fair he is very enthusiastic so i do believe he will read it. But do you think my examiners will??!!

That is irrelevant but it is safest to assume that they will.
It's irrelevant because you should not be writing the literature review to pass a test or an exam.
You should be writing it to provide yourself with the background you need to succeed at a career you have committed to. As a result you should be trying to produce an excellent piece of work regardless of whether or not anyone else reads it.

T

Most of the corrections I was asked to make after my recent viva regarded the literature review so I think I can safely say that my examiners read it!

T

My examiners read mine too as they spent at least 30 minutes talking about it in my viva.